Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Carver starts Kindergarten

Yesterday my friend Betsy said, "you know, it's almost too much anticipation; we just need to start school!" She was right; the build up was getting us all in a frenzy. So today, with much excitement and a tad of nervousness Carver began kindergarten. G and I enjoyed complete peace as we walked him into school. This has been a long process of prayer and waiting and to finally be there, at the school we most desired, almost felt surreal. Blessed and thankful have been my overwhelming emotions today. To sum up Carver's day (in his own words): "Terrific." "I love it." "I can't wait to go back tomorrow."
I could not get a serious face out of this child today.
walking in with Daddy; tomorrow the carpool line begins and he's on his own!

in the courtyard before going in his class-could he smile any bigger?!

finding his name

His sweet friend Matthew (his mom is my friend Betsy)...Betsy and I met when we were both pregnant with our boys and they have been pals ever since. They were thrilled to be in class together-and so were we!

My last glance back from the courtyard.

1 comment:

The Morrisons said...

I am so glad the big day was good for all of you! Carver is positively beaming! It's our turn tomorrow. I think it's true - the anticipation is making this mama insane!