Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fast Cars and Airplanes

Several months ago we parked next to a Jeep and Springer could barely contain herself. She cried because I wouldn't let her sit in it (typically a good idea being that we didn't know to whom the Jeep belonged!). She waved to it and then started the whole thing over when we came out from the restaurant and again I said that she couldn't sit in it. Well at church on Sunday we parked next to a fancy sports car. Here's the conversation beginning as soon as she spotted it.
S: "Is dat MY car?"
Me: "No Springer, it's Mr. Bill's car."
S: "I want to dwive it."
Me: "We can't drive it Springer; it's not our car."
Silence as I begin unloading our bags.
S: "Mama, I WANT dat car!"
Me: laughing walking into the building
S: "Mama, I WUV dat car!" "Bye-bye car!"
Have we got trouble on our hands or what?!
On a different note, say a little prayer for G this weekend. I leave in about 10 minutes for a girls weekend in NY and he's got the monkeys. He's all rested up and ready to go; Saturday's soccer game and two birthday parties may be the only hiccup-even with that I know he'll do great. Carver's looking forward to daddy time, for sure! I am looking forward to time with college friends-although I must admit leaving them for four nights (I come home well after they're in bed on Sunday night) is a little rough. I'm missing all three of them already!

3 comments:

keri said...

her love for cars is too funny!
have fun in NYC!!! (i know you already left though)

Mandy said...

What a wonderful girls trip! I can't wait to hear about it.

katie said...

girls weekend in NY? i'm jealous! be sure and take pictures of yourself in hot cars. :)