Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Flu

Well, it's here. G came home from work early on Thursday and minus the trip to the doctor to confirm our suspicions he has been in bed (literally) ever since. I've never seen him in bed for one day more less three. As timing would have it the kids were out of shcool on Thursday and Friday for parent teacher conferences. So, I've spent the better part of the past 72 hours trying to keep them happy, quiet and away from their daddy. Not sure which of those is trickier! We've spent much time out doors and in the sunshine (somewhere deep inside I tend to believe that fresh air can cure what ills you). Nonetheless Carver woke up with a fever this morning and we were the first in the door at Urgent Care. He has it too. So far he's doing really well, resting, but not achy and not a high fever. I am praying we caught it quickly enough to lessen the severity. He thinks its neat that he can now hang out with Daddy. He's also fascinated at what the flu virsus looks like. He pulled out his Human Body book and closely examined the close ups of viruses. He determined that the wart virus was uglier! I'd trade.
As I was driving to the pharmacy this morning (thinking in my head that this was just not the way I planned for my week to unfold) I passed the children's hospital. A couple walked by with their little girl-clearly a patient-bundled up in a wagon. How they would love to switch their situation for a house full of the flu. Our lot is such a temporary nuisance in the not so big scheme of things. So that's what I am trying to remember today. This time next week it'll be just that-a flash in the pan of life. Until then, I'd appreciate prayers that Springer and I stay healthy(shouldn't moms be exempt?!).

3 comments:

keri said...

moms should definitely be exempt! hope everyone gets well quickly!!

katie said...

awww. yuck.
praying you all feel better!

Jennifer said...

Praying!!! Hope it is all done by now!