Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sleeping Over

Tonight is Carver's first sleep-over at a friends. After having Dylan here earlier this month it was Carver's turn to stay at Dylan's tonight. Last week he literally talked himself into it; I heard him saying "OK, Carver: you can do this!" When I left him today he barely kissed me good-bye. As I backed out of the driveway though he came running out and said "I don't think I want to do this." I reminded him of all the fun things he was looking forwarded to (including 'sugar cereal'-a special treat that Carver knows they'll have for breakfast!) and he quickly smiled and took off running again. They should be in bed by now so I'm assuming all is well. It's mighty quiet around here though; I've missed my little fella this evening.
Update: The boys had a great time-were asleep by 9 and actually stayed asleep until close to 8 (unlike our last sleepover!). No tears just smiling faces this morning...good times.

No comments: