Monday, November 06, 2006

A quick, funny story...

So Carver's reading has really taken off of late. Letters and words have always come quickly for him and he's become really good at picking out words on signs we pass on the street or in stores. This has all been quite fun...until yesterday afternoon. The children and I were in Marshalls...long line...very crowded...merchandise all around us...we're just waiting. At the end of the line I noticed a very large display of 'Playboy' merchandise-clocks, I think. Well, as we neared the display Carver suddenly noticed two words he could read and began shouting (truly, shouting) "Mommy, 'Playboy', ' Playboy'. 'Playboy'!" He really must have shouted this 4 times. I am sure I turned a million shades of red as I tried to quiet him, praise him for his good reading and then loudly proclaimed, "Yes, Carver that is a compound word, like we've been talking about-very good reading! (the truth, but in hindsight it sounds pretty desperate!)" That boy keeps me on my toes!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Amanda! I am laughing out loud. Sweet Carver. That story could win you some moey from Reader's Digest or Parents magazine or something!!!