Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Milestone

Last night before bed, Carver chose several books for me to read. One of the books he chose was a beginning reader book I recently brought home. We had never read it together and to my knowledge he had never even opened it. Well, I read the book title and then when I saw the first page I realized he could read some of the words himself. (As a side note we really haven't worked much on reading formally, but from an extremely early age he has been captivated by letters in an almost photographic sort of way. Words have proven no exception). Anyway, he began reading and with maybe a half a dozen promptings on my part he read the whole book! He was beaming! Half way through he stopped, looked at me rather sheepishly and said, "Mama, I'M READING!" And so he was!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: