Thursday, December 06, 2007

Since We Last Spoke...

When I ran into my sweet friend Jill at Marshall's today she said, "You really need to update your blog" and I swore I would-tonight. So here's to you, Jilly. It is impossible to upload the entire past month. To say it's been crazy busy would be a vast understatement...so instead let me give you bits of where we've been since the last post.
  • Pre-company cleaning and cooking
  • Five days with G's sister, brother in law and the kid's four cousins here-a great time!
  • Parks, museums and lots of outside time with all the cousins
  • Ten days with Nona (G's mom) here
  • A wonderful night away at the Duke Mansion with G
  • Four days to prepare for our church's annual Christmas Open House-that we host
  • The Davidson-Duke basketball game; Carver's first! It was so close...
  • One Christmas tree, 25 yards of garland, a couple of wreaths, multiple nativity sets, Christmas hand towels and voila!
  • 130 people here for a wonderful celebration of the season on Sunday evening
  • Christmas shopping
  • lots of design work for me
  • A 2 year old who insists on regularly hitting her brother
  • A 5 year old who screams like a howler monkey when hit
  • time outs for everyone
  • a 2 year old who thinks time-outs are funny
  • more Christmas shopping
  • addressing Christmas cards
  • more parties and celebrations to come

    As I write this it doesn't seem quite as crazy as it's felt; perhaps I should have written in larger font! Although it has been a bit chaotic I have desperately tried to slow down and live in the moment. I hate flying through my favorite month of the year and missing the things-and people-I love most. So in the midst of things I've enjoyed some wonderful afternoon cuddles in the sun room with Carver, lots of reading with Springer, evenings of laughter with my precious husband, and some good regular runs for my own sanity. So, here's to the rest of this fabulous month-and to more frequent postings as well!
Maggie, Molly and Carver

The 'big kids': Jack, Maggie, Carver, Molly and Josh

Nona's wake up call!

1 comment:

Tricia Carver said...

The howler monkey comment regarding my nephew made me laugh out loud. I can hear him now. Sounds like we need to lock Springer and Sara James in the laundry room next time we come and let the toddlers compete with each other!