Sunday, September 09, 2007

Dreaming of Kate Spade? Manolo's? Keds?

Last night before bed, Springer insisted on putting on her red shoes-and keeping them on.
G suggested we not fight it and we both assumed she'd pull them off before drifting off to sleep. She, in fact, did not. This is how I found her around 11:00 last night. When I gently pulled them off she began to sob-still sound asleep. She could not bear to part with her shoes even in her dreams. I feel the girl's pain; she got it honest!
(as an aside let me say that I have never slept in my shoes-not even my favorites!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She kind of looks like the scene in the Wizard of Oz when the Wicked Witch of the West/East is under the house, still wearing the ruby red slippers. I love the strong will my little neice has!

katie said...

amanda, she just wants to feel good about herself!! or wants to be ready for the day... or wants to get as much use out of the shoes as possible...
she's too cute!

The Barfield Boys said...

Should I tell everyone here Amanda how you used to sleep walk in the halls of Salem carrying your shoe rack? The apple doesn't fall far! LOL so cute, I agree with the wicked witch thing..kinda eerie!

keri said...

that is so funny....especially that she cried through her sleep when you tried to take them off of her (she probably thought she was having a nightmare!)