Wednesday, September 26, 2007

$5.50

For about a week now Carver and his dear pal Dylan have been planning a lemonade stand. I've mostly disregarded the talk because they are always full of ideas-rock bands, sleep overs, 'important meetings', song writing, experiments...the list goes on. So when the murmuring began about a lemonade stand I didn't give it much thought. Until this morning. Dylan's mom and I trade off Wednesdays and today was Carver's day to go over there. Well as I packed his lunch he reminded me that he needed a couple of packets of lemonade and some cups. I dutifully packed them and reminded him that I expected a good attitude even if Miss Trish deemed this a bad day for a lemonade stand. He agreed, but I could tell he was not interested in that scenario. Well, low and behold, we pulled up to get him this afternoon and there was the cutest lemonade stand you've ever seen. I wish so badly that my camera had been with me. A cute little white table with a red sign and bright red cups. They looked like something from a commercial. We all enjoyed a cup of delicious pink lemonade and when Trish helped them divide their earnings they each walked away with $5.50! I think that's pretty great being that their lemonade was only twenty five cents a cup, don't you? (Although I think the guy in the red convertible left them with a five dollar bill.)
Although they really have no value attached to money they were elated and so proud of their hard work (and they did work hard running back and forth to house for ice and water!). It was yet another moment of realizing that this little boy is growing up-but what joy it is. So...the next time you pass a lemonade stand-stop-it's the sweetest lemonade you'll ever find.

1 comment:

The Barfield Boys said...

so sweet! What fun, i wish i lived near by i would have had a pitcher to go! Good for them...Go Carver!!