Wednesday, August 22, 2007

And in this corner...

This morning began with a bit of a jolt. The children had their two year and five year doctor's appointment at 8:40. At 8:05 I woke up...not typical to say the least. Carver was watching cartoons and Springer was still asleep. It never occurred to me that I should set an alarm; what are the odds? I didn't sleep past 8:00 the whole time we were on vacation-why today?!
So needless to say, we hit the ground running-and made it dressed and reasonably pulled together on time (albeit a bit hungry).
Both of them grew so much since their last check up. Carver is just over 47" tall and weighs 60 pounds. Miss Springer was 31 pounds and 36 1/4" tall. I believe she grew 3 1/2 inches since February! No wonder all the clothes around here seem a bit shorter. The biggest blessing of all though is that they are healthy. I have been so aware of what a gift that is and it's something I try daily to remember and thank God. They can see and hear and laugh and run and jump...I pray nightly that the same may be true for many, many years.

No comments: