Sunday, August 26, 2007

Making It Funner

Last night I asked Carver to clean up his markers as he got ready for bed. As I was getting his bed ready I noticed that he was sitting on the floor with his markers pretending they were airplanes before 'flying' them to their respective spots. Often times this would frustrate me because it takes a little longer to fly your markers than it does just to stick them in the case. But something about last night caused me to stop and say, "Carver, you know something I like about you? You always come up with a creative way to do things." He looked at me with a smile and said, "Well, Mama, there always has to be a way to make it funner." That really is his philosophy; whether it's putting on his shoes, putting away silverware, even getting into the car, he never takes the traditional route. Like I said this can be frustrating, but as my dad said when I relayed the story to him it would serve us well to remember this and take it with us into our day. As it says in Corinthians, "whether therefore you eat or drink do all to the glory of God. " Carver's doing just that-and enjoying the life he's been given. I hope each of you enjoy your week and remember to "make it funner".

3 comments:

Mandy said...

What a sweet post! It is a wonderful message and one that I will take to heart. I hope you have a great week! We are enjoying life as a family of four, and in AWE of the miracle of it all!

The Morrisons said...

Our children are wonderful reminders of the joys found in the simple things. I need to take a break from this unpacking and make life a little funner with Blan tomorrow.

Trey, Carrie, Lillian, and Reid said...

I loved this! It absolutely made my night. :)