Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Baby Teeth

Carver has a loose tooth.
After dinner tonight he complained that his tooth hurt so I took a look.
Well, the tooth in question appeared to be fine, but the one next to it caught my attention.
It wiggled!
I just about starting crying then and there! NO! Not a loose tooth; I can barely come to terms with the fact that in 6 days he turns 5. Not a tooth, too! Well his dad grabbed him and gave him a big hug (followed quickly with a 'do you want me to pull it out?' Carver had a look of terror as G was holding a drill when he proposed the question!) Thankfully it is not ready to fall out-perhaps we can make it to his birthday with all teeth intact. But, it will happen soon and then I'll be met with yet another visual reminder that my baby boy is growing up. Like I've said before it's what I want to happen; it's what should happen; it's what we work toward each day,
but boy does it get this mama's heart.
So, here's to our last days (weeks, maybe? please!) of baby teeth.

3 comments:

keri said...

wow! isn't that early?! i would feel the same way if that were happening to ella!

katie said...

at least you can hang on with that picture of his sweet baby tooth smile!!

Trey, Carrie, Lillian, and Reid said...

What a sweet picture! I share your sentiments.... I can't believe I'm sending MY baby off to kindergarten in a few short weeks. I'm sure the loose tooth will soon follow!